Fun & Important!
Meet the Artisan - Ronit! February 27 2017
WillowCreek is proud to carry the colorful creations of Ronit Gibb. Ronit has lived in Jacksonville for more than 28 years, and she also works part-time at the store. Ronit brings a fun energy to the space, which is also reflected in her creations!
Her stretchy beaded bracelets can also be worn as a necklace and anklet. Each one is unique, and very comfortable to wear! You can try them on in the store, and you may also order them online by clicking here. They cost $26.
Scarf Ties! February 27 2017
Fun with scarves! Here's a great video with some great, simple scarf ties!
What's a Lotion Candle?! February 27 2017
Most people do a double-take when they see my candles with a spoon on top! When I demonstrate and smear a little melted candle on their hands, they are even more amazed!
A Lotion (or massage) candle is a natural, clean-burning candle made from soy and skin-nurturing ingredients. To use one, you light and burn it, then dip a spoon in the melted soy and spread it on your hands, feet, elbows and body. If using your fingers to dip, it's a good idea to blow it out first!
Southern Oregon's own Indulge Candles has created a fabulous lotion candle using soy, shea butter, cocoa butter and vitamin E. The benefits are amazing - the oil goes on warm (not hot), and soaks in wonderfully. If you're looking for a great massage oil / lotion - this is for you!
Other top reasons to burn a lotion candle:
Cleaner burning ~ Environmentally safe Longer lasting ~ Non toxic
Made from 100% pure soybean wax
Burns at a very low temperature
Does not emit toxins while burning
Emits a very small amount of soot
Biodegradable ~ Water soluble
Rich source of Vitamin E and antioxidants
No colors or dyes
To order yours, simply Click Here!
Tips for Cleaning Jewelry! March 19 2014Did you know why silver tarnishes?
Silver combines with sulfur and forms silver sulfide. Silver sulfide is black. When a thin coating of silver sulfide forms on the surface of silver, it darkens the silver. The silver can be returned to its former luster by removing the silver sulfide coating from the surface.
Here are a few tips to remove tarnish:
1) Polishing cloths – good for rings & pendants, not as effective on chains (available at WillowCreek)
2) Retail Cleaning Dips – easy and fast (available at WillowCreek!)
3) Do-it-Yourself with Baking Soda:
- Line a bowl with aluminum foil (or use an aluminum pan)
- Sprinkle the bottom with about a tablespoon of baking soda
- Place your sterling silver charms or chains in the bowl
- Pour a little hot water (boiling ok) over the top. Let sit for about 30 seconds to a minute. Flip the jewelry with tweezers to ensure contact with the aluminum foil. (This is cool – the sulfur is attracted to the aluminum and “leaves” the silver.)
4) NOTE: all of the above are great for sterling and hard stones – not advised for pearls, turquoise or other soft stones (like lapis or malachite)
5) Professional cleaning from a jeweler using an Ultrasonic cleaning machine
Storing Tips to Prevent Tarnish:Store in an airtight container – like a plastic bag or box. Use Anti-Tarnish bags and/or anti-tarnish tabs (available at WillowCreek). Some people have had success adding a Silica Gel Pack also!
Native American Jewelry! March 04 2014
Do you remember Howard Kaiyo Racine, who owned a store called Sacred World in my same location for 13 years? He is now my supplier of authentic, Native American Jewelry! It is very exciting to have Kaiyo's items back in this location, and I must hear weekly from people who come in still looking for him and his wonderful jewelry (5 years later)! Most of his items are Zuni and Navajo - and some pieces are signed. All are sterling, .925 silver and feature gorgeous, genuine turquoise, onyx, coral, spiny oyster, sugilite and other natural stones. The prices on this jewelry are outstanding.
Please come in and check-out these unique pieces, and I am happy to pass your greetings along to Kaiyo also! I am also happy to take photos of products and email or text them to you if desired - as I can ship anything!